The kitchen scales give you precision, confidence and security when weighing your meals and portions to make those recipes that you like so much. If you like to cook with precision, then you will want to have the best kitchen scale to emulate the most delicious and incredible dishes from the best chefs and pastry chefs around the world. And all in the comfort of your kitchen.
They come in all sizes and weights, with different accessories, features and functions that make them special and useful for every purpose. Some are digital and come equipped with comfortable screens to better visualize the weight of your meals, while others are more compact and light.
The truth is that they are ideal not only for cooking succulent recipes, but even for keeping your portions under control and being able to diet efficiently. These scales are of great help and we will tell you all about them.
The Best Digital Kitchen Scales
What is the best kitchen scale?
A good kitchen scale can help you make the most delicious recipes, bake the best desserts or even diet. But first you must have a clear idea of the type of ingredients you are going to work with and the quantities, since this will depend on the weighing capacity that your scale must have or if you require multiple weighing modes, for example.
Remember to choose the digital ones, since they are more precise, comfortable, reliable, light and even portable, as well as much easier to use. However, we have prepared a comparative list with the 6 best kitchen scales so that you can guide yourself and buy the most suitable one for you.
1. Soehnle Fiesta LCD Kitchen Scale
The Soehnle Fiesta is a highly accurate digital scale that offers readings from just 1 gram and with a weight limit of 5 kg. It comes equipped with a beautiful safety glass platform that can be easily removed for convenient and convenient washing.
This model has a large number LCD screen, has a tare function, automatic shutdown and a light weight of 400 grams. It is easy to understand why this compact scale that can be easily stored in drawers and is perfect for precision cooking is so popular.
It may not be the cheapest on our list, but it is undoubtedly one of the most complete and with the best user reviews.
2. Smart Weigh Multifunctional Kitchen Scale
It is one of the most detailed and beautiful design digital scales on the market. It supports a maximum weight of 5 kg and fast and excellent precision, since it measures in a few seconds. In turn, it comes equipped with a good quality stainless steel platform that can be disassembled for trouble free maintenance.
Its large LCD screen allows you to read the precise measurements of this model in any situation. It has multiple weighing modes and a convenient button to change units at any time. It also has a button for tare function, low battery indicator and overweight, as well as automatic shutdown.
It’s almost unbelievable that such a large scale is so affordable.
3. Beurer Digital Kitchen Scale
If your kitchen is quite modern and elegant, then this model will adapt perfectly to your decoration. It is a beautifully designed digital scale that is capable of offering accurate readings of between 1 gram and 5 kg.
It comes equipped with a comfortable LCD screen with large numbers, as well as touch keys for a more modern and current feel. It has an easy to clean safety glass, automatic shutdown function and auto tare function, which will help you with that diet that you have struggled so much to do.
If you want a good quality, beautiful and modern model, you are looking at the right one.
4. Etekcity Digital Kitchen Scale
The Etekcity brand offers one of the most elegant and appropriate kitchen scale models for kitchens with stainless steel decorations thanks to its platform made of this material. It comes equipped with a large LCD screen to view your accurate readings with improved visibility, as well as anti-slip pads.
With it you can measure ingredients and foods between 1 gram and 5 kg with amazing accuracy. It also comes with a tare function, overweight and low battery indicator, automatic shutdown, and can measure liquids and offers different units of measurement, which can be selected using a simple button.
Users have loved this product, so it would be an excellent choice for your kitchen.
5. Taurus Easy Inox Digital Kitchen Scale
This elegantly designed scale and stainless steel platform is great for precision cooking, offering fairly accurate measurements of 1 gram to 5 kg. It has a good size LCD screen and blue backlight that makes it quite pleasing to the eye.
This comfortable digital scale can be hung on the wall through a round hole at the top. It also allows you to choose the unit of measurement between grams, pounds, kilos, ounces and more; It has tare function and automatic shutdown to save energy and not spend as much on batteries.
It is definitely one of the most comfortable and convenient options for one of the most affordable prices.
6. Marsboy Digital Kitchen Scale
Stainless steel is all the rage and this scale gets the most out of you with this nice, lightweight design. It is a digital model with a blue backlit LCD screen for better visibility and an easy-to-clean stainless steel tray.
This model can work with ingredients and objects between 1 gram and 3kg, making it ideal for those who want to measure lighter meals. It features its units button for easy switching between multiple weighing modes, from pounds to kg, ounces and more.
It is one of the most economic and complete scales on the list, since it also has automatic shutdown and a tare function.
The 3 types of kitchen scales
The types of kitchen scales vary depending on the type of mechanism they use to weigh food, ingredients, or objects. There are 3 types and below we will explain how they work and what they are for:
- Balance: This type of scale looks like a rocker. It has weights on one side of the rocker and on the other you put the ingredients. You must place weights until it is balanced. It is a fairly old mechanism that is no longer used, but they are quite easy to use and do not require electricity or anything else to function.
The downside is that they do not give accurate readings and do not include a tare function.
- Mechanical: Also known as spring scales, they are no longer as popular as they used to be and are generally used by supermarkets to weigh their products. In turn, they come in two types: platform or pendant.
These scales can weigh large quantities accurately but are quite poor at weighing small amounts. Furthermore, the precision of these devices declines as the springs wear out.
- Digital: They have become the most popular and convenient on the market and are available in a wide range of colors, sizes, shapes and capacities. They come equipped with LCD displays, sturdy platforms and many other functions such as compact designs, auto tare function, precise measurement and capacity for other types of measurements.
This type of scale requires batteries and usually has limits regarding the maximum weight.
Choosing the best kitchen scale
We have already seen that digital are the most popular. Now it’s time to see what makes them such useful tools for any kitchen. To do this, we will explain the most important characteristics that a kitchen scale must have to deserve a place in your kitchen:
- Design / appearance: They do not affect the operation of the appliance itself, but for many people it is important that their kitchen equipment is in tune with the rest of the decoration. Keep in mind that digital scales are usually pretty and modern, as well as having really attractive designs. The most popular colors are black, red, steel, and white.
- Size: Most models are compact, so you don’t need to worry much about where you will store your scale. In turn, they are usually quite light, so you can easily move them.
- Storage: If you don’t want to expose it while not in use, look for a model that is easy to store on a shelf or in a drawer. Some models have drop-down displays and other features that make them quite compact and easy to store in any space.
- Screen: Almost all have LCD screens that are usually quite large and have large numbers for better visibility, while other models are equipped with smaller monitors. They also usually vary the color of the numbers on the screen between red, gray, blue or some other, so look for one that is easy to read in any situation.
- Platforms and Bowls – Some digital scales do not come with platforms or bowls to measure your ingredients. In these cases you can use your own accessories and the tare function to prevent the scale from including them in the weight. Look for them to be removable so you can wash them more easily.
- Durability: look for resistant materials that guarantee that your scale will endure good use. High impact plastic is widely recommended, as is stainless steel.
- Water resistance: Some foods or ingredients can get your scale wet, so look for one that is waterproof and sealed to keep moisture out. These can be washed with a damp cloth, but never immerse them in water, as they can be easily damaged.
- Low Battery Indicator – Batteries used in a scale typically last quite a long time as they are not constantly used. An indicator of this style ensures that you will never run out of energy suddenly and ruin your recipe.
- Tare function: It is perfect for you to reset the weight of the scale when adding ingredients, as well as helping you to avoid that the weight of your platform or bowl is included in the scale. Some come with auto tare function.
- Auto-off function: it will help you save energy, since it is designed to turn off the scale after a few minutes without use. Make sure the model you choose has this convenient and economical feature.
- Weight capacity : it is always important to be able to measure the quantities with which we work. Many models can weigh up to 5 kg and more, depending on the scale. Keep in mind the type of ingredients you will measure so you can choose a model capable of doing the job.
- Measurement Types: Many scales allow metric and standard unit weighing such as pounds, ounces, etc. Find a model that allows you to change from one system to another with the push of a single button.
- Accuracy: Anyone who knows cooking knows that an accurate reading is vital to make perfect dishes. Even to diet.